Some verses about the Holy Spirit of Jehovah (Jesus) to meditate
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Psalms 51:11 KJV
But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them. Isaiah 63:10 KJV
Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him? Isaiah 63:11 KJV
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Luke 11:13 KJV
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Ephesians 1:13 KJV
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30 KJV
1 Peter 1:10-12 ASV
(10) Concerning which salvation the prophets sought and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
(11) searching what time or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did point unto, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glories that should follow them.
(12) To whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto you, did they minister these things, which now have been announced unto you through them that preached the gospel unto you by the Holy Spirit sent forth from heaven; which things angels desire to look into.
John 15:26 ASV
(26) But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall bear witness of me:
He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 4:8 KJV
The missing powers of the new believers
Mark 16:15-20 ASV
(15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation.
(16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that disbelieveth shall be condemned.
(17) And these signs shall accompany them that believe: in my name shall they cast out demons; they shall speak with new tongues;
(18) they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
(19) So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken unto them, was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.
(20) And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word by the signs that followed. Amen.
We also need the intercession of the Holy Spirit to keep us in the belief (faith) of Jesus. Except that, according to Romans 8:27, the Holy Spirit only helps those who overcame sin to become holy (saint, sanctified), without sin like God, not the sinners (Luke 5:32).
Ephesians 1:13-14 ASV
(13) in whom ye also, having heard the word of the truth, the gospel of your salvation,--in whom, having also believed, ye were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,
(14) which is an earnest of our inheritance, unto the redemption of God's own possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Ephesians 4:29-32 ASV
(29) Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for edifying as the need may be, that it may give grace to them that hear.
(30) And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, in whom ye were sealed unto the day of redemption.
(31) Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and railing, be put away from you, with all malice:
(32) and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, even as God also in Christ forgave you.
1 Thessalonians 4:8 KJV
He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.
Luke 11:13 ASV
(13) If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
Romans 8:24-27 ASV
(24) For in hope were we saved: but hope that is seen is not hope: for who hopeth for that which he seeth?
(25) But if we hope for that which we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
(26) And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;
(27) and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints [HOLY ONES] according to the will of God.
Galatians 2:16 ASV
(16) yet knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we believed on Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.