Matthew 16:20 ASV
Then charged he the disciples that they should tell no man that he was the Christ.
Matthew 26:63 ASV
But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou art the Christ, the Son of God.
Luke 22:67 ASV
If thou art the Christ, tell us. But he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe:
John 10:24 ASV
The Jews therefore came round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou hold us in suspense? If thou art the Christ, tell us plainly.
Philippians 3:18 ASV
For many walk, of whom I told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
We read that Jesus can only be known by His revelation in Luke 10:22. We can get to know Jesus only if Jesus reveals Himself to us. If Jesus has not revealed Himself to us, nobody can help us understand Jesus. Talking about Jesus will be like speaking in an unintelligible foreign language if Jesus has not chosen us to reveal Himself. Also, our Jesus can be anyone, even Archangel Michael, if Jesus has not revealed Himself to us.
(39) You search the Scriptures, for you think in them you have everlasting life. And they are the ones witnessing concerning Me. John 5:39 LITV(47) The Pharisees therefore answered them, Are ye also led astray? (48) Hath any of the rulers believed on him, or of the Pharisees? John 7:47-48 ASV
(52) They answered and said unto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and see that out of Galilee ariseth no prophet. John 7:52 ASV
(12) Now when he heard that John was delivered up, he withdrew into Galilee; (13) and leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is by the sea, in the borders of Zebulun and Naphtali: (14) that it might be fulfilled which was spoken through Isaiah the prophet, saying, (15) The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, Toward the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles, (16) The people that sat in darkness Saw a great light, And to them that sat in the region and shadow of death, To them did light spring up. (17) From that time began Jesus to preach, and to say, Repent ye; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 4:12-17 ASV (21)
And the multitudes said, This is the prophet, Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee. Matthew 21:11 ASV
(39) And when they had accomplished all things that were according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth. (40) And the child grew, and waxed strong, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him. Luke 2:39-40 ASV
(5) They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, who betrayed him, was standing with them. (John 18:5 ASV)
(22) All things have been delivered unto me of my Father: and no one knoweth who the Son is, save the Father; and who the Father is, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son willeth to reveal him. Luke 10:22 ASV
Case and point from the verses above: the Doctors in Divinity of the time of Jesus did not know the Jewish Bible enough to connect the prophecies to see that, indeed, from Galilee was the Messiah to come while some of the people knew that (John 7:52, Matthew 21:11).
A modern case and point: religions teach that Jesus is Archangel Michael, simply because Jesus has not revealed Himself in those religions. How can anyone take Jesus for Archangel Michael when nowhere in the Bible it is written that Michael created the world and became flesh because God the Father was to choose an Angel for the task?
We know in the Gospels that Jesus is the Holy One Whom Mary carried in her womb (Luke 1:35) and the demons know that much (Luke 4:34). We know that Jesus was born as MESSIAH YHWH in the Hebrew language (Luke 2:11). We know that Jesus was sought (Matthew 2:2) and recognized as 'the King of Israel' (John 1:49) and that Jesus fulfilled that prophecy by sitting on the donkey to enter Jerusalem (Matthew 21:5, John 12:15, Zechariah 9:9). We know that YHWH God is the One Who is known as the King of Israel (Isaiah 44:6) before He was made flesh.
We are certain that Archangel Michael is not known as the 'Holy One of Israel', something that Satan and his Angels know for sure (Luke 4:31-37) but that we nevertheless believe. We are certain that Gabriel did not announce to Mary that she was to carry an Angel in her womb. We are certain that no Angel nor Michael is known as the King of Israel (Isaiah 44:6, John 1:49).
Again, how can a believer trash all the preceding and choose anyway Archangel Michael as our Saviour, even when YHWH God is the One known as the Only Saviour there is (Isaiah 43:11, 45:21? It is because Jesus has not revealed Himself in those religions and to their adherents (Luke 10:22).
Besides, Apostle John in His Gospel and in the first chapter of his epistle to the Hebrews presents Jesus as YHWH God the Creator and argues that Jesus cannot be an ANGEL because all the angels worship Jesus (Psalms 95:6-8) in Heaven. No angel can be worshiped (Psalms 95:6-8, Hebrews 1:6, Matthew 4:10). Only Satan seeks worship (Hebrews 1:6, Psalms 95:6, Matthew 4:10) as an Angel. Jude 1 explicitly says that Archangel Michael did not blaspheme to pass for God (Jesus) when he took the body of Moses. Thus, that old teaching that Jesus is Archangel Michael had already been refuted in the New Testament. Only those to whom Jesus has not revealed Himself still believe and teach that their Savior is not God who is Jesus but an Angel, Archangel Michael.
All those who take Jesus for an Angel will not be saved according to Romans 10:9-11. In fact, to be saved, all believers must confess that Jesus is the Tetragrammaton YHWH God, according to Romans 10:9-11. (Know that the Tetragrammaton YHWH cannot be translated into any other language. In English, the word 'Lord' is used to refer to YHWH. Different words are used in the other languages, like 'kyrios' in the Greek language).
The other takeaway from Luke 10:22 is that a degree in Theology cannot necessarily impart the knowledge of Jesus to anyone. That implies also that all spiritual leaders cannot be expected to necessarily know who Jesus is just because they matriculate Theology. The proof is in the plurality of the various branches of Christianity which are lead by many who hold Doctorates in Theology but still take Jesus to be Archangel Michael. The Doctors of Theology in the time of Jesus did not fare better. Knowing who Jesus is remains the function of a heart that is set to understand (Matthew 13:15).
We cannot know that the Doctors in Theology do not know Jesus if we ourselves do not know Jesus. That lack of knowledge of Jesus is because of a lack of His revelation or because we cannot hear His voice (John 10:16,27).
We do earnestly praise Jesus every day of our life but which Jesus (Matthew 7:23)? The Disciples heard and touched Jesus but they did not know who He is (Matthew 16:13-20. Jesus told them that flesh and blood cannot know who He is (Mathew 16:17). The Jesus to be praised is not Archangel Michael nor any other Angel. If the Saviour Jesus Whom you praise and worship is not YHWH God, your worship is vain or futile (Mark 7:7).